Plumbline will undertake to replace, repair or refund any faulty product due to manufacturing or material defects within the warranty period from date of purchase. Proof and date of purchase and original installer’s details must be provided with any warranty claim. Plumbline (or their approved retailer) reserve the right to assess, repair, replace or service any warranty claims as they see fit and replacement product may be an equivalent to the original product. (Updated August 2023)
Note: This warranty is dated 1 August 2023 and applies to products sold after this date. Contact our After Sales team for warranty information for products sold prior to 1 August 2023.
Residential / Domestic Warranty
Includes all residential dwellings and light commercial installations such as apartments, rest homes & hotels. (Click here for our Commercial Warranty Information)
|Product Category||Brand / Range Name||Replacement Product & Parts Warranty Period||Labour Warranty Period||Notes|
|Bathroom Furniture & Vanities||Progetto, Falper & Mckinley||7 Years||2 Years|
|Vanity Handles & Drawer Runners||1 Year||Replacement only|
|Mirrors & Mirror Cabinets||Progetto||5 Years||1 Year|
|LED Lighting, Demisters & Parts Including Drivers||Progetto||5 Years||2 Years|
|Vitreous China Toilet Pans & Cisterns, Basins & Vanity Tops||Catalano, Axent||15 Years||2 Years|
|Progetto, Mckinley||10 Years||2 Years|
|Inwall / Concealed Cisterns||Progetto||10 Years||2 Years|
|Toilet Flush Panels & Buttons||All brands||1 Year||Replacement only|
|Toilet Flush Mechanisms including Waste Pipe||Catalano, Progetto, Geberit, R&T, Mckinley||2 Years||1 Year|
|Toilet Seals & Washers||All brands||1 Year||Replacement product or parts only|
|Toilet Seats, Shower Seats & Remotes||Catalano, Progetto, Axent||2 Years||Replacement product or parts only|
|Mckinley||1 Year||Replacement product or parts only|
|Gloss Composite Vanity Tops||Progetto||7 Years||2 Years|
|Solid Surface Basins & Vanity Tops||Falper & Progetto||7 Years||2 Years|
|Marble Composite Baths and Basins||Claybrook||5 Years||2 Years||1 year product warranty if installed outside|
|Concrete Baths and Basins||Meek||5 Years||2 Years||Not applicable if installed outside|
|Composite & Solid Surface Baths||Falper & Progetto||10 Years||2 Years|
|Acrylic Baths||Progetto, Mckinley||10 Years||2 Years|
|Cast Iron / Enamelled Baths||Bath Shell||25 Years||2 Years|
|Paint Exterior||5 Years||2 Years|
|Butler Sinks||Shaws||5 Years||2 Years|
|Bathroom & Kitchen Tapware||Fantini, Oli 316||20 Years||2 Years||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Progetto, Nicolazzi||15 Years||2 Years||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Mckinley||5 Years||2 Years||Also refer finishes warranty|
|All Cartridges||15 Years||1 Year||Subject to availability|
|Shower Tapware||Fantini, Oli 316||20 Years||1 Year||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Progetto, Nicolazzi||15 Years||1 Year||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Flow, Downpour, Minimo & Eco Style Ranges||5 Years||1 Year||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Mckinley||5 Years||1 Year||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Fontealta, Progetto Outdoor Showers||5 Years||1 Year||Also refer finishes warranty|
|All Cartridges||15 Years||1 Year||Subject to availability|
|Tapware Washers, O Rings & Seals, Shower Handpieces, Kitchen Handpieces, Brackets, Sliders, Soap Dishes & Hoses, Nozzles||All brands||2 Years||Replacement product or parts only|
|Bathroom Accessories||Fantini, Oli 316||15 Years||Replacement product or parts only||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Progetto, Nicolazzi & Avenir||10 Years||Replacement product or parts only||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Stick||2 Years||Replacement product or parts only||Also refer finishes warranty|
|All Toilet Brushes, Soap Dispensers, Shower Caddies, Wire Baskets, Shower Seats||2 Years||Replacement product or parts only||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Wastes, Bottle traps, Angle Valves||All brands||1 Year||Replacement product or parts only|
|Heated Towel Rails||Avenir||10 Years||2 Years||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Progetto, Nicolazzi||5 Years||1 Year||Also refer finishes warranty|
|Transformers||1 Year||1 Year|
Finishes (Tapware, Showers, Accessories & Heated Towel Rails)
|Fantini, Oli 316, Brushed Stainless Steel & PVD Finishes||Up to 20 Years||Refer product warranty|
|Plated Finishes||Up to 15 Years||Refer product warranty|
|Varnished Finishes||Up to 5 Years||Refer product warranty|
|Organic Finishes||n/a||Refer product warranty||Refer to cleaning instructions for product care|
|*Finishes warranty period depends on product category i.e. if product warranty period is less than above finishes warranty, product warranty period applies.|
Warranties are upheld providing the products have been installed and used as designed and exclude;
• Products where the defect is not considered to be due to faulty manufacturing or materials, for normal wear and tear, where the water pressure is outside the recommended levels, where the hot water temperature exceeds 55 ̊C or where no in-line water filters have been installed.
• Mixers that have been pressurised over 8 bar pressure. If a system is required to be pressure tested the water supply to the mixer must be capped off prior to testing. If a mixer has been subjected to pressures over 8 bar then a new cartridge must be installed, at the installers/owners expense, for the warranty to be valid.
• Where the warranty claim has not been notified to Plumbline (or their approved retailer) within ninety (90) days of the problem first appearing.
• Liability for damage or injury to any person, damage to any property, and any indirect consequential or other loss or damage due to the product.
• Defects, damage or injury caused by, or resulting from; the effects of hard water, inadequate system flushing procedure, failure to clean and maintain the product correctly, abuse or neglect, or other alterations or modifications which affect the reliability or performance of the product.
• Defects or injury caused by or resulting from; improper installation, installation not according to installation instructions or specifications, installation by a non-licenced tradesperson or not in accordance with New Zealand plumbing standards or regulatory requirements.
• Damage or faults caused by chemicals, electrical influences, adhesives, sealants or abrasive cleaning products.
• Finish variations due to patina or natural changes on organic metal finishes.
• Chips on the glazed finish of Butler sinks, Washbasins and Toilets caused by impact.
• Vanities and/or vanity tops that has been tiled ‘ into’ a wall i.e. fitting or fixing a vanity to a wall and tiling into the side and around it, and/or tiling down and/or around the vanity top. Vanity cabinets & tops are only covered under warranty if they are fitted to finished wall coverings.
• Products that have been installed with exposure to external environmental elements(unless they are designed to be)
• Performance issues of toilets installed and connected to new or existing 80mm waste pipe
• Any dimension discrepancies or glazing imperfection claims against vitreous china products that are permitted within AS1976 – vitreous china products used in Sanitary Applications. It is permitted that vitreous china products can vary up to +/-3mm on any surface due to the unique conditions of the manufacturing process.
• Faulty product from a cause or damage outside our control that occurs after the goods leave our warehouse.
• Ex-display, samples or seconds stock.
• Second-hand products or products that have been moved from the original location they were installed.
• An act, default or omission of, or any representation made by any person (other than Plumbline, their employees or acting agents)
• All warranty covered repair work is to be performed by a Plumbline staff member or an authorised service agent or plumber who has received a Service Request number and authorisation to attend the job. No labour costs will be covered for warranty repair work that is completed without authorisation from Plumbline.
• If a service request is submitted and a service agent is dispatched under the direction of Plumbline to rectify the issue and the issue reported was not a Plumbline product or a fault with a Plumbline product, a service or call out fee will be on charged to the submitter/requester of the service request
• Where a claim is for a 'visible fault' on a product after it has been installed and it is established that the fault is visible and should have been detected before installation, only the product will be replaced. Removal and re-installation costs are the responsibility of the installer/customer.
• We as Plumbline reserve the right to inspect any product that has been deemed faulty, Plumbline will not be responsible or liable for any costs when the "Faulty" product has been disposed of without our consent.
• When "Faulty" product performance is deemed by Plumbline as a direct result of faulty installation or has not been installed to the New Zealand Standard building code, the claim is not valid, and Plumbline is not liable for any costs. In addition Plumbline will not cover faulty workmanship.
• All 3rd party installers & Trades persons are liable for their work, this includes when the work is carried out under Plumbline's direction.
• Proof of purchase is required when lodging a warranty claim.
Residential / Domestic Warranty: Includes all residential dwellings and light commercial installations such as apartments, rest homes & hotels.
Commercial Warranty: Includes any non-residential installations such as public washrooms, public buildings, commercial premises, restaurants, bars, schools, sports centres, gymnasiums, hospitals.
Labour Warranty: Labour costs for the inspection, replacement or repair of any product deemed by Plumbline to be faulty due to defect in materials or workmanship, will be covered at the expense of Plumbline for the labour warranty time period stated. For the remainder of the warranty period, Plumbline will supply replacement product and/or parts however labour costs are at the expense of the owner of the product.